The next workshop is scheduled for Saturday, March 29, 2014.
Time: 2:00-5:00 pm
367 S. Greeno Rd
Fairhope, AL 36532
This workshop is sponsored by Eastern Shore Institute of Lifelong Learning Course.
This 3-hour hands-on workshop will cover the basics of making your own chalk-type paint, plus the basics of crackle finishes, and metallic glazes. Please bring two or three wood picture frames, boxes or other small wood items to paint.
Hot coffee and cold bottled water will be provided.
Supply fee: $39.00 (See supply list below)
Detailed information about many other interesting courses is available on the ESILL website.
Students will learn:
What IS chalk-type paint? Why use it for painting furniture?
Make your own chalk-type paint from any latex paint.
How to create a vintage finish with distressing, crackle effects, and metallic glazes.
Using glazes and protective coatings to enhance the finish.
Supply fee: $39.
Supplies to take home:
1) One quart of Sherwin-Williams Emerald paint(your choice of custom-tinted color) – Retail price $22.50
2) 16 ounces of SeaShell Minerals, enough to make chalk-type paint – Retail price $19.95
3) Sample sizes of crackle glaze and metallic paints & glazes – Retail price – $12.00
4) One sanding sponge, one paint brush, plastic paint bucket, stir stick, paint can opener – Retail price – $8.00
Other supplies provided during the workshop:
1) Additional paint brushes to use as needed
2) Paper towels, cloth rags, and TSP
3) All other required materials.
To register, please contact ESILL Registrar, Brenda Huchison at 251-650-2499